Sunday, November 1, 2009

Madera


Her messy faded blue hair tucked behind her ear, Madera flips through the Stranger, settling on the weekly Dan Savage column. Its fairly warm outside, but as always, she insists on wearing the usual tights, spankies, knee-high socks, and finally, her beloved leg warmers. Nothing ever matches, yet that's just so much of her character. Each day is something new; an idea for a comic book, an interest in zines, a song she wrote, a book she is writing, a musical she is directing.

Few people actually get to know Madera, she's quite the introvert, but I would be a completely different person if I hadn't. Madera is a feminist, pro-choice, independent, amazing person and no one in the world could equal the girl she is. Madera taught me how to be the spontaneous creative person I am, and I never stop thanking her for that.

3 comments:

  1. Aww. Dear girl I love you more then ever.
    That is a really disgusting picture of my, but that is the sweetest thing someone has ever written <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gah Last comment wasn't very benificial.... but yea yummy story about Madera I like how you illustrate the characters so well...

    ReplyDelete