Thursday, April 29, 2010

Arctic Monkeys = Culture Shock

Okay, so the Arctic Monkeys are one of the many bands that I love, and as soon as I read the assignment I was instantly reminded of a song by this band called 'I Bet That You Look Good On The Dance Floor', in which the lyrics briefly mention Romeo and Juliet. The lyrics, in the middle of the song, are thus:

"Oh, there ain't no love, no Montagues or Capulets
Just banging tunes and DJ sets
And dirty dancefloors and dreams of naughtiness.

They use the names Montague and Capulet as a reference to intense, romantic love. I'm even going to attach a link to a video, to add to the awesomeness. <3

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c7dt1li5SyY&feature=related

1 comment:

  1. good idea using an arctic monkeys song!
    very original, and the arctic monkeys are a good band too, making this post even better.

    :)

    ReplyDelete