Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Book List!

1)Perdido Street Station by China Mieville -
I started reading this book earlier in the year, and still haven't finished it. At 710 pages, it's a long book, and it's also the strangest books I have ever read, and I have read quite a few off-beat books in my time. It's descriptive language and detail is entrancing, and I would recommend it to anyone who likes.. well.. I actually don't know. The basic plot (It's SUUPER complex) is that a scientist gets a hold of a caterpillar that turns into a dream-eating moth. Not to mention a bird-man who lost his wings, a bug-headed woman who makes sculptures with spit, and the menagerie of broken appliances that can think as one being. This book is all of my dreams, good or bad, wrapped into a beautifully-written novel.

2)Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman
First of all, Neil Gaiman is my favorite author. Ever. He is super smart about mythology, particularly my favorite and specialty, Norse Mythology, and his writing is so good I can never put down his books. Second, I absolutely adore Terry Pratchett, and as you can tell I need my dose fiction after a year of assigned reading. With two amazing authors writing one book I just know it's going to be amazing, so why not read it?

1 comment: