Tuesday, June 15, 2010

The Conclusion

This has been the longest school year of my career as a student. I went to an alternative Elementary School, then straight on to an alternative Middle School, and finally entering mainstream society for High School was a huge change for me. This change has been apparent in the writing I have done in this year’s blog assignments. Given, I did miss four of them, but I’m sure I had a good reason.  At the beginning of the year, I treated the blog assignments as a real blog; not really taking in the fact that it was still a school assignment, and thus writing more how I talk than anything else. My blog, I’ve decided, is about turning something you have to do into something you want to do. I was not very excited to do this project, we had a blog in 7th grade and it was not fun. This year, however, I found ways to take the prompt dealt to me and have fun with it. I characterized my posts so that, at least to me, they would be fun and interesting to read. I made the background colorful, added pictures, and viola! A little piece of Rheanna. I will miss this English class, and the fellow students that helped school seem bearable. I won’t ever delete this blog, this is the memory of my first and last year at Olympia High School.

1 comment:

  1. Hope you enjoy Sota! I'll miss seeing your colorfulness in the sea of students! Become friends with Kallee...she's gonna go there too...

    ReplyDelete